What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
The Volunteer Toolkit is here and ready to help!
Your Girl Scout year just got easier with the Volunteer Toolkit. VTK is a web app that makes it easy to get the most out of every troop or group meeting. It helps you save time planning so you can spend more time with the girls.
For Girl Scout Daisy, Brownie, and Junior troops, the Volunteer Toolkit comes with pre-populated plans for everything—a full year of Girl Scouts right there on your home computer, tablet, or other mobile device.
Have your own idea for a meeting? Perfect. Everything in the Volunteer Toolkit is fully customizable. You can add your own activities and change their order with a quick drag-and-drop. You can also access your girl and family roster and track your girls’ achievements and attendance.
To access the Volunteer Toolkit:
1. In the top navigation bar, click the dropdown from "My GS"
2. Click "Volunteer Toolkit" and log in with your Membership Community credentails
3. Enjoy the awesome new resource and start planning today!